Hire of Plant with Insurance
Customer checking proceedure
CPA Hire Cover Plus is for use when offering a loss or damage waiver to the customer. Therefore the following procedures must be followed:
Certain security checks have to be carried out as below for the customer to be accepted and the results must be fully documented.
Cash Hires- Any two from the following, one of which must contain the address of the Hirer:
- Driving Licence
- Official Document confirming name and address e.g. Bank Statement, Utility Bill
- Bank/Credit Card -check signature
- Warrant/ID Card with photograph
- Telephone check to employer.
- Point of Hire Photographs
- Vehicle registration number- check tax disc
- Known and can confirm address
- Note: A passport is NOT an acceptable ID Check.
Credit Account Hire- Any of the following:
- Employee providing written company order- take employee name
- Telephone order with order number- check name and position in company of person
- Known person of whom ID previously checked